The main weekly service is Sunday morning 10.30 a.m. Being a Methodist Church, there is a variety and freshness in the worship brought about by the mixture of preachers planned. Some weeks it may be a more traditional style with singing from the hymnbook, another with a PowerPoint presentation and more charismatic worship. The Church youngsters join the service for the opening worship before going to their own activities but we all join in All Age Worship once a month, usually on the 2nd Sunday.
Holy Communion is celebrated on average once a month and there is an open invitation to “all who love the Lord Jesus” to fully participate. Anyone not wishing to receive Bread and Wine (non alcoholic) may go to the communion rail for a blessing.
The Church is licensed for Weddings and is available for funerals. The Sacrament of Baptism is available for infants whose parents wish to promise a Christian upbringing for their children and for older people who, having found faith and not baptised as infants, wish to take this step. From time to time Confirmation Classes are arranged for those wishing to consider Church Membership. Enquiries are welcome for Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals.
Special services during the year include:-
- Covenant service held in January
- Good Friday service held in March or April
- Easter Sunday service held in March or April
- Flower Festival service held very second year in May
- Women’s Weekend Service
- JIGS & SIGS Prize Giving service usually held in June
- New members service held as required
- Harvest Festival service held in September
- Carol service
- Christmas Eve Midnight Watch service
- Christmas Day service